I want to repaint my house, which is in a Historic District, and do some landscaping. Do I need a Certificate of Appropriateness?

No, the Commission does not have authority over landscaping or the color of exterior paint; maintenance and repair of the property; use of the property; the interior arrangement <or structures>; or the portion of the property not visible from a public right of way. However, if you would like advice on appropriate historic paint colors, we are happy to help.