June 12th-Wilton Police remind residents: The Wilton High School Graduation procession will be taking place from 1pm until 2pm. Traffic between Wilton High School and Ridgefield Rd may be affected during this time period. Those wishing to enter Wilton Center are encouraged to drive into the Center from Wolfpit Rd and to avoid Ridgefield Rd as no traffic will be permitted to turn onto Ridgefield Rd for approximately 20 minutes. Those wishing to watch the procession are asked to park at the Wilton Train Station and stand on the sidewalk on Danbury Rd, social distance and wear face masks if within 6 feet of others. Thank you for your understanding and please join us in congratulating the Wilton Warriors graduating class of 2020. We wish you all the best on your future endeavors.
WHS fields and tennis courts will not be available during tomorrow’s Graduation festivities. Phase 2 begins on Wednesday. Until then, all Phase 1 rules remain in effect for Town owned recreation facilities.
The CT Data Center reported the following for Wilton as of June 11th:
- 206 cases, one more than June 10th
- 1,028 residents tested, 20 additional since June 10th
- 1,294 tests performed, 26 additional since June 10th
- 1,066 negative test results, 24 additional since June 10th
- 228 positive test results, two more than June 10th
- 41 deaths, no change since June 10th
- 20 laboratory-confirmed deaths
- 21 probable deaths
The State does not provide detailed data on antibody testing.
CT DPH reported the following for Fairfield County and Statewide as of June 11th:
- 16,178 cases, 23 additional since 6/10 44,681 cases, 228 additional since 6/10
- 1,337 deaths, 4 additional since 6/10 4,159 deaths, 13 additional since 6/10
- 81 hospitalized patients, 8 less than 6/10 244 hospitalized, 2 less than 6/10
Face coverings are a key component to protect yourself, your family and your community. “Out of respect for each other, as Americans that care for each other, we need to be wearing masks in public when we cannot social distance.” Dr. Deborah Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
As always, if you have any questions, please email the appropriate town department or me at [email protected].