January 25th-The Health Department, along with Visiting Nurse & Hospice of Fairfield County, is holding a vaccine clinic on Thursday for Wilton residents aged 75 and up only. For this age group only, we are offering concierge appointment booking assistance for those that require such. Please, email your name, address, phone number and date of birth to Director of Social Services Sarah Heath at Sarah.Heath@wiltonct.org or call Sarah Heath at 203-834-6238 to provide the same.
Wilton’s Economic Development Commission is holding a Small Business Forum on Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. via Zoom. Wilton small business owners are invited to join the Commissioners and share ideas on ways in which the town can support the health and growth of their businesses. Input provided will enable the Commission to develop thoughtful recommendations to the Board of Selectmen.
A CT DPH COVID-19 Response Team arrived today to assist the School Sisters of Notre Dame (SSND) with the outbreak at their facility. The Team was much appreciated.
A report on the status of the investigation of the outbreak at Wilton High School was released earlier today. As of mid-day, 20 gathering attendees or direct contacts of attendees have tested positive. 3 attendee tests are pending. The recommendation to stay home was rescinded, with residents asked to continue to monitor for four more days. Wilton High School remains closed as contract tracing continues.
Vaccine and Case Data:
This morning the CDC reported the following for Connecticut: 492,850 vaccines distributed to CT. 331,264 vaccines administered, including 282,674 first doses.
The following is data, as of 8:30 p.m. last night, from today’s CT DPH report versus Friday’s January 22nd report.
- Wilton: 46 new cases reported. 775 cases pandemic-to-day (PTD). 28 of those cases are related to SSND.
- Statewide: 5,817 new cases. 4.73% of the 123,037 new tests reported were positive. 243,632 cases PTD.
- Fairfield County: 742 new cases. 70,347 cases PTD.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, 1,068 with a 10-net patient increase. Fairfield County, 258 with an 8-net patient increase.
- Deaths: Statewide, 6,911 with 92 new deaths. Fairfield County, 1,899 with 13 new deaths. Wilton, 46, no new deaths.
The following chart shows the distribution of known cases by age for previous periods and the current 7-day period ended January 25th.
Jan 19 to
Jan 12 to
Jan 5 to
Dec 29 to
Nov 10 to
0 to 4
5 to 14
15 to 24
25 to 44
45 to 65
With the recent outbreaks, please exercise extra caution and behave as if you have the virus and as if those around you do as well.
- Watch your distance
- Wear a mask/face covering when you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance whether indoors or outside
- Walk, run or bike to the right in single file when passing another person on the NRVT, sidewalks and trails
- Wait to host indoor gatherings
- Wash your hands
If you have a question, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org