July 20th –Start your week with a smile courtesy of the WHS Virtual Choir/Orchestra.
The following are daily highlights from the CT DPH report as of 8:30 p.m. Sunday, July 19th versus last Friday’s report.
- Wilton: 1 new death. We don’t have additional details. No new cases reported.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, 12-net patient decrease. Fairfield County, a 1-net patient increase. Over the last 5 days, net patients hospitalized in Fairfield County increased by 6 versus a 19-net patient decrease in the rest of the State during that same time period.
- Deaths: Statewide 10 deaths. Fairfield County 4 deaths.
Over the last 5 days, net patients hospitalized in Fairfield County increased by 6 versus a 19-net patient decrease in the rest of the State. There were 14 deaths in Fairfield County and 12 in the rest of the State during that same period. Fairfield County represented 54% of statewide deaths for the period. Total Fairfield County cases were 36% of the statewide total. Fairfield County is 26% of the State’s population. We don’t have an explanation for the high share of statewide deaths.
Tomorrow, the Government Administration and Elections Committee will hold an online public listening session on An Act Concerning (ACC) Absentee Voting at the 2020 State Election and Election Day Registration. You can email written testimony to [email protected]. Please put “Testimony on Draft LCO #3576” on the subject line.
Residents have inquired about testing centers. Testing is available at one or more locations in these abutting towns: Ridgefield, Norwalk and Westport. The State’s search engine at www.211ct.org/covidtesting, contains detailed information including hours of operations and whether a doctor’s order is required.
The CT Data Center reported the following for Wilton as of 8:30 p.m. July 19th and versus the dates prior to the start of Phase 1 and Phase 2:
- 230 cases, 23 additional since June 16th and 30 since May 19th.
- 2,270 residents tested, 1,520 since June 16th and 1,120 since May 19th.
- 2,947 tests performed, 1,495 since June 16th .
- 42 deaths, 1 since June 16th and 5 since May 19th.
Approximately 1.3% of Wilton residents have tested positive for the virus. Approximately 10.5% of Wilton residents have received at least one test result.
CT DPH reported the following for Fairfield County and Statewide as of 8:30 p.m. July 19th:
- 17,112 cases, 731 additional since 6/16 48,055 cases, 2,626 additional since 6/16
- 1,399 deaths, 47 additional since 6/16 4,406 deaths, 187 additional since 6/16
- 22 hospitalized, 46 less than 6/16 54 hospitalized, 132 less than 6/16
Approximately 1.35% of State residents have tested positive for the virus.
- If you travel to one of the states identified for quarantine, please quarantine for the full 14 days away from other household members.
- If you have a visitor from one of those same states, have them quarantine away from you and other household members.
- Whether within or outside your home, please maintain 6 feet of distance from those with whom you don’t reside and wear a face covering, unless you have a medical condition.
- Avoid or minimize participation in higher risk activities.
“You have to have responsibility for yourself but also a societal responsibility that you’re getting infected is not just you in a vacuum.” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
As always, if you have any questions, please email the appropriate town department or me at [email protected].