- Manage the recruitment, hiring, and orientation of diverse work force fulfilling the staffing needs of 17 departments, with the exception of uniformed police officers.
- Expeditiously identify, address, and resolve all personnel matters as they arise.
- Educate and train staff to ensure familiarity and ongoing compliance with applicable legislation affecting employees in the workplace.
- Payroll and Benefits Administration -- Maintain thorough familiarity with all employee benefits, the Town's various retirement plans, workers' compensation matters, and unemployment compensation.
- Represent management in all phases of labor relations for the Town's four unions -- Police, Fire, Teamsters (Public Works), and AFSCME (Town Hall Employees Union), including contract negotiations, proceedings related to fact findings, mediations, grievances, arbitrations, and similar proceedings.