Welcome and please take a moment to read about the various programs and services offered by the Social Services Department.
- Did you know…we have a food pantry on site? It is open four days per week at the Comstock Community Center.
- We can also help you apply for various State and Federal programs including: Energy Assistance Program, Husky Health Insurance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicare Savings Programs, Cash and Disability assistance.
- We distribute school supplies in the fall and coats in the winter. Both Thanksgiving baskets and holiday gifts are available for families in need.
- The Department may be able to help with the cost of extracurricular activities for school aged children.
- Youth Services offers short term counseling and referrals for youth and their families. Other services include crisis intervention, program development, advocacy, and case management.
- Our staff can help you enroll in Medicare and review your current prescription drug coverage.
- We have a Senior Center on site which offers flu shots, blood pressure screenings, recreational programming, computer classes, and other fun events throughout the year.
- We can help clients access home delivered meals, personal care assistance, lifeline services, and nursing services.
- Our Social Workers can provide basic information on the Town of Wilton Tax Relief Program for Elderly or Disabled Homeowners and screen seniors for community programs such as The CT Home Care Program for Elders.
Please call or stop by to learn more about these resources. We are open Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.