The Wilton Town Clerk’s office is responsible for recording land records. The hours for recording are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm EST.
Copies of land records are available online.
Copies of land records and maps are also available at the Town Clerk’s office. Land record and copy/certified copy fees are listed below. The Town Clerk’s office accepts cash or checks (payable to Town of Wilton) only.
Land Record Fees (CT State Statute, Sec. 7-34a)
- $60.00 first page, $5.00 for each additional page
- Documents using Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc (MERS) as a Nominee:
- $159 flat fee: Assignments and Releases where MERS is the Grantor
- $159 for first page, $5 each additional page for all other document types using MERS
- $2.00 fee for conveyances over $2,000 reportable to the State
- Maps: $20.00 maps of two parcels or less; $30.00 maps more than two parcels
The Town Clerk’s office accepts E-Recordings for many Land Record documents. E-Recordings are accepted Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 3:45 pm EST.
Indecomm Global Services
Conveyance Tax (Sec. 12-494)
- State and Local Conveyance taxes are paid at the time of recording deeds. The Town Clerk forwards the State tax to the Department of Revenue Services.
- Conveyance tax forms (OP-236) are available from the Department of Revenue Services and checks are made payable to Commissioner of Revenue Services.
- Local Conveyance Tax: consideration x .0025 = tax amount. Checks made payable to Town of Wilton.
Copy/Certified Copy Fees
- Copies of documents - $1.00 per page
- Certified copies - $2.00 per document in addition to $1.00 per page copy fee
- Copies of maps - $4.00, full size map - $10.00
- Please note there is a $20.00 fee for any hand held scanner usage. Any hand held device shall be considered a hand held scanner