The Wilton Town Clerk’s office is responsible for recording land records. Land record fees are listed below. The hours for recording are Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm EST.
Copies of land records and maps are available at the Town Clerk’s office. Copy/certified copy fees are listed below. The Town Clerk’s office accepts cash or checks (payable to Town of Wilton) only.
Copies of land records are also available online.
Land Record Fees (CT State Statute, Sec. 7-34a)
- $60.00 first page, $5.00 for each additional page
- Documents using Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc (MERS) as a Nominee:
- $159 flat fee: Assignments and Releases where MERS is the Grantor
- $159 for first page, $5 each additional page for all other document types using MERS
- $2.00 fee for conveyances over $2,000 reportable to the State
- Maps: $20.00 maps of two parcels or less; $30.00 maps more than two parcels
The Town Clerk’s office accepts E-Recordings for many Land Record documents. E-Recordings are accepted Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 3:45 pm EST.
Indecomm Global Services
Conveyance Tax (Sec. 12-494)
- State and Local Conveyance taxes are paid at the time of recording deeds. The Town Clerk forwards the State tax to the Department of Revenue Services.
- Conveyance tax forms (OP-236) are available from the Department of Revenue Services and checks are made payable to Commissioner of Revenue Services.
- Local Conveyance Tax: consideration x .0025 = tax amount. Checks made payable to Town of Wilton.
Copy/Certified Copy Fees
- Copies of documents - $1.00 per page
- Certified copies - $2.00 per document in addition to $1.00 per page copy fee
- Copies of maps - $4.00, full size map - $10.00
- Please note there is a $20.00 fee for any hand held scanner usage. Any hand held device shall be considered a hand held scanner