The Wilton Conservation Commission was established pursuant to Section 7-131a of the Connecticut General Statutes to organize, maintain, and direct conservation activities for the Town of Wilton for the following purposes:
- To constitute a Conservation Commission within the meaning of Section 7-131a and to have all the rights and powers conferred upon it by such statute.
- To guide the development and conservation of the natural resources within the Town of Wilton.
- To propose, manage and maintain or provide for the maintenance of open-space lands and lands devoted to non-intensive use, owned by the Town of Wilton.
- To manage any privately owned property permanently dedicated to the conservation and non-intensive recreational uses of residents of the Town of Wilton.
- To be an advisory and consulting body to private individuals and private and public groups on issues involved with the environment, conservation and land use.
- To develop and sponsor educational programs promoting sound environmental practices.