The Town Clerk’s office serves as Wilton’s keeper of the records for all documents that pertain to the Town of Wilton. The Town Clerk is responsible for the preservation and safekeeping of the Town’s official records and documents as well as the official keeper of the Town Seal. The Connecticut General Statutes define the duties and function of the Town Clerk.
- Maintains and provides access to public records as required by Connecticut State Statutes
- Records, indexes, and preserves land records, surveys and maps
- Provides certified copies of public records
- Post and maintains public meeting agendas and minutes
- Maintains Military Discharges, Foreclosure Registrations, Liquor Permits, Trade Names
- Acting as Registrar of Vital Statistics for the town, certifies and maintains records of all births, marriages, deaths, and burials
- Issues all licenses, including dog licenses, fishing and hunting licenses, and marriage licenses
- Issues, mails and records Absentee Ballots; Nominating Petitions; Candidates Certifications; Campaign Financing; Prepare Ballots; and Publish Legal Notices for all elections.
The Town Code, Charter and Ordinances are available under Resources under the Government tab.
|Lori Kaback, CCTC||Town Clerk||(203) 563-0106|
|MaryEllen Demers||Assistant Town Clerk||(203) 563-0109|
|Sheilah Pastore||Floater Clerk||(203) 563-0106|