Our town government is facilitated by the hard work and dedication of its Board and Commission volunteers. It is these very volunteers whose work and talents help make Wilton such a vibrant community.
The following is a list of Board / Commission positions with vacancies or anticipated upcoming vacancies. Information about each Board/Commission can be obtained on the webpage for the Board/Commission:
- Building Inspectors Board of Appeals.* Applicants must have construction related experience. This board meets very infrequently.
- Commission on Social Services
- Tree Committee*
- Deer Committee*
- Economic Development Commission
- Energy and Utilities Commission
- Police Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Inland Wetlands Commission (CT statutes limits this appointment to residents who are not registered with a Republican party affiliation)
- Water Pollution Control Authority
There is also a vacancy for the position of Constable*.
If you are interested in serving on an above Board/Commission with an *, please contact Jackie Rochester at Jacqueline.Rochester@wiltonct.org. Otherwise:
- If a Republican, please contact the Republican Town Committee (RTC).
- If a Democrat, please contact the Democratic Town Committee (DTC).
- If unaffiliated, either contact one of the Town Committees or petition by receiving 25 signatures, verified with the Registrar of Voter’s records, in support of the appointment. Please contact Jackie Rochester in the First Selectwoman's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If from a party other than the RTC or DTC, procedures are the same as those for an unaffiliated elector.
Interested volunteers should complete a Board/Commission Candidate Application (and, if applicable, a Petition) and return to the Office of the First Selectman, 238 Danbury Road, Wilton or by email to Jackie Rochester at email@example.com. Questions may be directed to the Office of the First Selectman at (203) 563-0100.
New and current Board/Commission members should refer to the Guide to Serving on a Town Board / Commission for more information on serving on a Town Board/Commission.