Our town government depends on the hard work and dedication of its Board and Commission volunteers. It is these very volunteers whose work and talents help make Wilton such a vibrant community.
If you are interested in serving on a Town Board or Commission, please:
- If a Republican, please contact the Republican Town Committee (RTC).
- If a Democrat, please contact the Democratic Town Committee (DTC).
- If unaffiliated, either contact one of the Town Committees or petition by receiving 25 signatures, verified with the Registrar of Voter’s records, in support of the appointment.
- If from a party other than the RTC or DTC, procedures are the same as those for an unaffiliated elector.
Interested volunteers should complete a Board/Commission Candidate Application (and, if applicable, a Petition) and return to the Office of the First Selectman, 238 Danbury Road, Wilton or by email to Jackie Rochester at email@example.com. Questions may be directed to the Office of the First Selectman at (203) 563-0100.
New and current Board/Commission members should refer to the Guide to Serving on a Town Board / Commission for more information on serving on a Town Board/Commission.
The following is a list of current open Board / Commission positions:
- Building Inspectors Board of Appeals
- Conservation Commission
- Council on Ethics
- Commission on Social Services
- Tree Committee
- Deer Committee
- Water Pollution Control Authority
- Wilton Fire Commission
- Historic District Commission
- Economic Development Commission
- Energy Commission