Our town government is enhanced by the hard work and dedication of its Board and Commission volunteers. It is these very volunteers whose work and talents help make Wilton such a vibrant community.  This page contains information for those both considering serving and those currently serving.

Considering Volunteering?

The following is a list of Board / Commission positions with vacancies or anticipated upcoming vacancies.  Information about each Board/Commission can be obtained on the webpage for the Board/Commission:

  • Building Inspectors Board of Appeals.*  Applicants must have construction related experience.  This board meets very infrequently.
  • Council of Ethics
  • Deer Committee*
  • Economic Development Commission
  • Zoning Board of Appeals-alternate
  • Inland Wetlands Commission 

If you are interested in serving on an above Board/Commission with an *, please contact Jackie Rochester at Jacqueline.Rochester@wiltonct.org.  Otherwise:

  • If a Republican, please contact the Republican Town Committee (RTC).
  • If a Democrat, please contact the Democratic Town Committee (DTC).
  • If unaffiliated, either contact one of the Town Committees or petition by receiving 25 signatures, verified with the Registrar of Voter’s records, in support of the appointment.  Please contact Jackie Rochester in the First Selectwoman's Office at jacqueline.rochester@wiltonct.org for more information.
  • If from a party other than the RTC or DTC, procedures are the same as those for an unaffiliated elector.

Interested volunteers should complete a Board/Commission Candidate Application (and, if applicable, a Petition) and return to the Office of the First Selectman, 238 Danbury Road, Wilton or by email to Jackie Rochester at jacqueline.rochester@wiltonct.org.  Questions may be directed to the Office of the First Selectman at (203) 563-0100.

Currently Serving?

New and current Board/Commission members should refer to the Guide to Serving on a Town Board / Commission for more information on serving on a Town Board/Commission.  New and current members should pay particular attention to the information about the CT Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requirements provided in a memo from Town Counsel within the Guide. Videotaped FOIA training conducted by Town Counsel is available in the following links:

FOIA Training for Board/Commission Members:


FOIA Training - Holding Remote Meetings: 


All elected Board/Commission members must sign an acknowledgement form indicating that they have read and have a responsibility to abide by the Wilton Code of Ethics.  Acknowledgement form is available by clicking here.

All newly appointed Board/Commission members must sign an acknowledgement form indicating that they have read and have a responsibility to abide by the Wilton Code of Ethics and Guide to Serving on a Town Board/Commission.  Acknowledgement form is available by clicking here.

Thank you for serving the Town.