July 14th –The following are highlights versus yesterday from the CT DPH report as of 8:30 p.m. July 13th:
- The report is missing data from the largest testing laboratories due to a transmission problem. Conclusions shouldn't be drawn from the limited data.
- Wilton: no new cases reported.
- Hospitalized Patients: Statewide, an 8-patient net decrease. Fairfield County, a 1-patient net decrease.
- Deaths: Statewide 1 death. Fairfield County no deaths.
Any sports group using the Wilton fields must receive pre-approval of protocols from Wilton’s Health Director. As of noon today, the following youth sports groups have received approval:
- WHS Football Boosters
- WHS Soccer Boosters
- Wilton Lacrosse Association
- Wilton Youth Football and Cheerleading
- Wilton Baseball and Softball, including Little League
- Wilton Field Hockey Association
- Wilton Youth Field Hockey
Tomorrow night the Board of Selectmen will consider the reopening of the application period for the COVID-19 Tax Deferral Program for taxes due on August 3rd. Please look for further details in tomorrow’s update.
The State’s travel advisory has been expanded to 22 states with the addition of Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Mexico and Ohio and the removal of Delaware. Yesterday, the Governor announced those flying into CT will be asked to complete a document related to their quarantine. On last week’s call with the Governor’s staff, I, along with others, pressed for a stronger response by the State. The Governor continues to oppose enforcement measures at this time.
Yesterday, the Governor issued Executive Order 7GGG, which among others authorizes temporary rent and mortgage assistance programs. Residents should call 860-785-3111 to determine if they are eligible for assistance.
Today, the Governor issued Executive Order 7HHH, which addresses out-of-state healthcare providers.
The CT Data Center reported the following for Wilton as of 8:30 p.m. July 13th and versus the dates prior to the start of Phase 1 and Phase 2:
- 230 cases, 23 additional since June 16th and 30 since May 19th
- 1,997 residents tested, 847 since June 16th and 1,247 since May 19th
- 2,564 tests performed, 1,112 since June 16th
- 41 deaths, no change since June 16th and 4 additional since May 19th
The State does not provide detailed data on antibody testing.
CT DPH reported the following for Fairfield County and Statewide as of 8:30 p.m. July 13th:
- 16,960 cases, 579 additional since 6/16 47,530 cases, 2,101 additional since 6/16
- 1,385 deaths, 33 additional since 6/16 4,372 deaths, 153 additional since 6/16
- 22 hospitalized, 46 less than 6/16 66 hospitalized, 120 less than 6/16
- If you travel to one of the states identified for quarantine, please quarantine for the full 14 days away from other household members.
- If you have a visitor from one of those same states, have them quarantine away from you and other household members.
- Whether within or outside your home, please maintain 6 feet of distance from those with whom you don’t reside and wear a face covering, unless you have a medical condition.
- Avoid or minimize participation in higher risk activities.
“Out of respect for each other, as Americans that care for each other, we need to be wearing masks in public when we cannot social distance.” Dr. Deborah Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
As always, if you have any questions, please email the appropriate town department or me at [email protected].