Citizen Complaint / Commendation

The Wilton Police Department is committed to providing high-quality police services to the community.  In order to be responsive to community needs, it is necessary to have citizen input.  Your constructive comments about our service, good or bad, will help us to improve and to achieve our goals.

Making a Complaint Against Wilton Police Department Employees

A complaint can be made by filing a Civilian Complaint Report, by letter, by email, or by telephone to the Office of the Chief of Police at (203) 834-6260. A complaint against an officer can also be made by contacting any on-duty supervisor.

It has been our experience that many complaints involve a misunderstanding of police policy or procedure and are often resolved by speaking with supervisory personnel.  While we encourage  you to try this avenue, we understand that some complaints do require a full inquiry.  During this process, you will be kept  informed of the progress of the inquiry and may be asked for additional information. You will also be advised when the investigation is completed. 

The Civilian Complaint Report is available here:

Commending Exceptional Performance

The best way to commend the actions of a Police Department employee is to write a brief letter or email to the Office of the Chief of Police describing the incident and actions you feel were exceptional.  Information such as the date, time, and location will help identify the employee if you don't know his or her name. If you choose not to write , you may ask to speak with the employee's supervisor and make a verbal commendation.

Although our employees don't expect to be thanked for everything they do, recognition of exceptional service is always appreciated. This kind of feedback helps us to know if we are doing a good job.